Nine months in Japan; another review:
Looking back at what happened since the last review I wondered ... did I forget to post once?
Apparently I didn't. During the last 31 days:
- A friend from Germany got hospitalized during his visit to Matsuyama, which led to me being Japanese/German interpreter for about a week. I spent a night in the intensive care unit, got to see all kinds of fancy medical machinery at work — interesting stuff.
- I got to know new people working with guest houses in Matsuyama and participated in a pilgrimage event (#52+53) organized by the aforementioned.
- Spent some quality time with friends and went out more that usual.
- Formed a nice group with people from the game development seminar I take part in. Since I'm "the guy with the programming experience" I introduced the rest of the group to Git, Lua and LÖVE (the framework we agreed on using). Experiencing how Japanese approach group work and especially decision making is quite fascinating.
- Established new connections to a few exchange students. (I used to focus on spending time with Japanese.)
- Established new connections to a few Japanese (potential tandem language learning parnter, people interested in intercultural exchange, etc.).
- Did some indoor bouldering which I hadn't done in ... maybe a year or so.
- Gave a presentation about Germany at a local elementary school.
- Went to see fireflies on a whim one night.
- Started preparations for my last month in Japan (during which I won't stay in the university's dorm) which meant getting a working permission, establishing some connections for potential daywork etc.
All alongside the usual university stuff. Well ... no signs of overload yet. And therefore:
On to the next month!