all tags: japanese travel education kanji programming MYJ15 research NII17 website linux hardware libertine food misc time games movies parkour books rant self-reflection manga speedcubing anime translation de lego i18n/l10n
The first implementation of my movielist made use of IMDBPHP, a third party API thingy. I now finally got rid of it and wrote my own code. Not that IMDBPHP would have been bad in any way, it just was way to heavyweight for what I used it for. Additionally I created a little HTTP service which can be fed with an IMDb ID and a specification of information type via GET parameters to receive a plain text answer.
Since both the service and parts of the movielist use fsockopen() — which is disabled on bplaced.net — I have to host them on square7.ch.
Besides: Vim syntax highlighting (with background set to dark) is just sexy. <3
Level up! for the cinephile. I rebuilt/improved my movielist. : )
The old list contained title, year and duration in a rather mediocre conceived notation. Now I note title, year and IMDb id. The first two to still have something human readable and independent from external sources, the third to gather all further data.
To access the IMDb page I use IMDBPHP, but the methods to sort out the data (rating, runtime, director, etc.) are self written. Since the process of accessing every single IMDb page (one for each movie) takes quite some time, my script saves all information as well as the image in a cache folder.
The list can be accessed here.